This season is brought to you by: FreshBooks Cloud Accounting. Click here to try it free for 30 days (and don’t forget to mention Budgets and Cents in the “how did you hear about us?” section).
Welcome to the second season of Budgets and Cents, a podcast co-hosted by Cait Flanders (formerly Blonde on a Budget) and Carrie Smith (Careful Cents). If this is your first time listening, welcome! You can use our episode guide to catch up on what you’ve missed.
In our previous episode, we caught you up on what we’ve been working on since the end of our first season. In this episode, we give you a glimpse of what our days look like now that we work for ourselves.
It all starts with a good morning routine, which you’ll learn is different for everyone. We also talk about how many hours we work, whether or not we work Monday-Friday still, how often we take breaks and the different ways we stay organized. It’s taken years of making mistakes (which we also share!) to develop routines that work for us. Hopefully there’s an idea or two that can help you with yours.
Resources and links:
- Resource: Stand Up! The Work Break Timer app
- Read: Bullet Journal (for a better explanation, read WTF is a Bullet Journal?)
- Cait’s blog: Cait Flanders
- Cait: How to Work Remotely and Still Be a Boss
- Carrie’s blog: Careful Cents
- Carrie: A Day in the Life of a Female Biz Owner