Welcome to the fourth episode of Budgets and Cents with Cait and Carrie. Today we’re talking about something near and dear to Cait’s heart: shopping bans.
If you don’t already know, Cait is in the middle of two-year shopping ban that she started in 2014, and swears it has changed her life. Cait’s done a lot of press on the subject, but wanted Carrie to interview her so they could share Cait’s exact definition of what a shopping ban is, the rules for what she can/can’t buy, why she’s doing it and what’s changed since she started it.
Resources and links:
- Cait’s blog: Cait Flanders
- Cait: I Broke the Takeout Coffee Ban (Just Once, I Think)
- Cait: The Toughest Bad Habit to Kick
- Cait: The Year I Embraced Minimalism and Completed a Yearlong Shopping Ban
- Cait: The Ultimate Shopping Ban Guide (Includes a free PDF download)
- Carrie’s blog: Careful Cents
- Carrie: 60-Day Cash Budget Spending Challenge (3-part series)
- Carrie: Overcoming a $1,645 Financial Emergency
- Carrie: Taking a Vacation While on a Spending Challenge