This season is brought to you by: FreshBooks Cloud Accounting. Click here to try it free for 30 days (and don’t forget to mention Budgets and Cents in the “how did you hear about us?” section).
Welcome to the second season of Budgets and Cents, a podcast co-hosted by Cait Flanders (formerly Blonde on a Budget) and Carrie Smith (Careful Cents). If this is your first time listening, welcome! You can use our episode guide to catch up on what you’ve missed.
We’re now officially into the last half of season two! In past episodes we’ve talked about topics related to setting the foundation for your freelance work: from managing clients and getting paid, to creating systems and even taking care of yourself. But today’s episode dives into setting goals and taking your work + income to the next level.
We share what our very first goals were once we quit our day jobs, how often we set new goals, as well as what our freelance income goals were in the beginning versus what they are now. Cait also shares an update on her book deal! She talks about creating that goal, doing the work and turning it into a reality. All-in-all, this episode covers everything you need to know about setting goals and finding the motivation to tackle them.
Resources and links:
- S.M.A.R.T. goals are: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely
- Chris Bailey’s blog: Schedule a Think Break to Level Up Your Work
- Paul Jarvis’ two podcasts: The Freelancer and Invisible Office Hours
- Read: Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Cait’s blog: Cait Flanders
- Cait: I’m Writing a Book With Hay House!
- Carrie’s blog: Careful Cents
- Carrie: What if You Already Reached All Your Goals?
- Carrie’s Freelancer’s Club: Community on Facebook