This season is brought to you by: FreshBooks Cloud Accounting. Click here to try it free for 30 days (and don’t forget to mention Budgets and Cents in the “how did you hear about us?” section).
Welcome to the second season of Budgets and Cents, a podcast co-hosted by Cait Flanders (formerly Blonde on a Budget) and Carrie Smith (Careful Cents). If this is your first time listening, welcome! You can use our episode guide to catch up on what you’ve missed.
As co-hosts of this podcast, this week’s topic is near and dear to our hearts: we’re talking about partnering up and collaborating on projects with other people. We mostly focus on online projects (courses, webinars, this podcast, etc.) and share our first-hand experiences with them. We also talk about how to know if it’ll be a good “fit” (and when to say “no” to potential partner projects), how to define roles, how to make it official – and all the benefits that come with finding a partner to work on a project with.
At the end, we talk about mastermind groups and how having accountability partners can help you build a successful business. When you work for yourself, it’s normal to need a little help and support from time-to-time, and that’s exactly why we think partnering up with others is a great idea.
Resources and links:
- Cait’s collaboration with Courtney Carver: A Simple Year
- Carrie’s collaboration with One Woman Shop: Solopreneur Finance
- Cait’s partnership with J. Money: Rockstar Finance
- Gina Horkey’s course: 30 Days to Freelance Writing Success
- We love Amanda Sandlin’s stuff: Site | Instagram
- Find an accountant through FreshBooks: FreshMap
- Cait’s interview with Shannon McLay: Martinis and Your Money
- Cait’s blog: Cait Flanders
- Carrie’s blog: Careful Cents
- Carrie: My Publisher Broke Up With Me