Welcome to a BONUS episode of Budgets and Cents, a podcast co-hosted by Cait Flanders and Carrie Smith (Careful Cents). If this is your first time listening, welcome! You can use our episode guide to catch up on our first two seasons.
We recorded this episode LIVE in-person, when Cait was visiting Carrie in Boulder earlier this month. In it, we reveal all the different ways we’ve made money through our blogs/online businesses, over the years, including how we make money today.
As you’ll learn, we’re not huge fans of the traditional ad placement/sponsored content route. Instead, we believe in creating unique content (courses, membership sites, books, etc.) that can help our audiences.
This was a really fun episode to record! Stay tuned for more bonus eps in the future. 🙂
Resources and links:
- Apps we love to support: SparkWrite and MileIQ
- Learn how to get sponsorships for anything
- Cait’s blog: Cait Flanders
- Cait’s projects: Mindful Budgeting | A Simple Year
- Carrie’s blog: Careful Cents
- Carrie’s projects: The Client Connection | Teachable Courses
- Carrie: How I Made Over $78,000 With My Blog in 2015