Today’s episode is all about consuming mindfully! And surprise surprise, we aren’t just talking about spending money. We talk about everything from consuming food, to consuming media (like TV), and consuming information on social media. And then we get on the topic of consuming financial advice!
What we have both learned is that the things we consume can not only affect our lives, but also our mindsets—and the way we handle our money. So, at the end of this episode, we share some ways you can consume more mindfully and how to get information that can actually add value to your life (rather than take away from it).
This was such a great conversation for both of us personally, so we really hope you enjoy listening!
Resources and links:
- Book: The Year of Less by Cait Flanders
- Listen: Answering Money Questions
- App: Social Media & Screen Addiction Class
- Resource: The Mindful Eating Placemat
- Follow: Jason Zook on Twitter
- Listen: Invisible Office Hours & Hashtag Authentic
- Website: The Fresh Exchange
- Cait’s blog: Cait Flanders
- Carrie’s blog: Careful Cents
This season was brought to you by FreshBooks Cloud Accounting. FreshBooks is a tool that makes creating and sending invoices simple, keeps track of your expenses, creates reports and so much more. And they’ve recently rebuilt it from the ground up, so FreshBooks now has an all new platform that saves you even more time AND helps you get paid sooner!
Click here to try FreshBooks free for 30 days (and don’t forget to mention Honest Money Conversations in the “how did you hear about us?” section).